(ONLINE) VISUAL FACILITATION – blended learning training
October 21 @ 15:00 – November 4 @ 18:00 CEST€240 – €280
Dates: 21 October – 4 November, including 3 live online sessions on 21 and 28 October and 4 November
Time: 3-6pm CET
Whether it’s a team check-in, a workshop, or a brainstorming session, you can add clarity, meaning and inclusivity to group processes in a creative and engaging way. To learn how – we invite you to join this series of workshops on (online) visual facilitation.
Discover the magic world of visual facilitation, practice basic visualization skills, and learn how to communicate in a visual way. Don’t worry: drawing skills are NOT necessary! The only thing you need is an open mind, curiosity and motivation to explore and experiment with different visual techniques.
This training covers:
- fundamentals of visual facilitation;
- practical use of visuals in different offline settings (to facilitate group processes, document
- training activities, for personal reflection, etc.);
- application of visual facilitation techniques to enhance engagement and participation in online activities with the help of digital tools;
- exploration of own visual style and development of custom visual vocabularies;
- co-design of a visual toolbox to use in daily work.
You will experience:
- a balanced approach between theory inputs and practical exercises;
- a greater understanding of the impact and value of visual facilitation in group processes;
- interactive and engaging online sessions with practicing visual facilitators;
- peer-to-peer learning & feedback in a safe environment;
- opportunities for collaboration within a diverse international community of education practitioners.
This training is for you if:
- you are looking for new ways to boost your work;
- you would like to communicate information effectively;
- you are curious about how to use visuals in both offline and online settings;
- you want to explore different platforms and tools for online visual facilitation.
Ruslan Kildeev is an edtech producer, sustainability geek, visual thinker, and digital magician. He accompanies teams and organizations in growing their digital capacities, developing virtual learning journeys, and hosting meaningful online gatherings. Since 2018, Ruslan has been working for MitOst e.V. In his job, he especially values the opportunity to work glocally, learning & experimenting mode, and cool people around. In his spare time, he takes pictures and solves mathematical puzzles. He also loves podcasting — both to listen to and produce own ones.
With an educational background in Translation and Interpreting, Olalla González has always loved languages and the possibility of facilitating a common understanding among people. She works as a full-time graphic recorder, integrating visuals in her work in educational activities aimed at youth and youth workers and collaborating in events organized by institutions from all over Europe related to educational, youth work and civil society fields. Olalla adores animals, is an active yoga enthusiast and cannot live a day without structuring information as either visuals or lists.
Registration will be open until the last place is filled. The group will be small to ensure a good quality of learning. In case the minimum number of 10 participants is not reached, horizontal school reserves the right to cancel the training. In such case the participation fees will be fully reimbursed. For more details, please check our Terms and Conditions.
Our trainings include interactive live sessions on Zoom. Participants are invited to contribute with their own experience, learn from other peers, and transfer learnings into practice. The trainings are designed in a process-orientated way ensuring to fit the needs of the target group, which makes each training unique. Therefore, please keep in mind that your active participation will be needed in order to truly benefit from this training.