- This training has passed.
MAKING STRATEGIC MOVES IN UNCERTAIN TIMES – learning lab
April 7 @ 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm CEST45,00€ – 60,00€
Time: 7 April, 12.30-3.30pm CEST
The VUCA reality did not come into the world just with the Covid-19 pandemic or the outbreak of the war in Ukraine, but the borderline experience between complexity and chaos make it currently quite tangible. The experience triggers contradictory reactions – on the one hand, delusions of control, on the other, surrender to fate. Neither seems particularly helpful in the current situation: we need to look forward with an open mind, but at the same time need to passionately shape the future. We need to have a plot but be radically open to adapt.
Join this learning lab to get to know a 4-step approach for defining your next strategic “move” in uncertain times: Step 1 – focus assessment for your project or organization; Step 2 – systemic analysis of critical uncertainties; Step 3- identification of possible future scenarios; Step 4- take action. You will get to know tools and methods that you can directly apply to your own project or organization.
We encourage you to join in with a team member to profit from the workshop even more by directly applying some exercises and learnings to your project or organization.
The workshop covers:
- 4-step approach for defining your next strategic “move” with methods and tools that you can directly apply for your own project or organization
- methods and tools including elements of Liberating Structures, Transformative Scenario Planning and the Opportunity-Driven Development Approach
You will experience:
- an interactive online session delivered by experienced facilitators
- a good balance between input and practice
- room for your questions and peer exchange
The workshop is for you if:
- you seek tools for dynamic and adaptive planning for your project or organization
- you need some orientation in uncertain, chaotic, or complex circumstances
- you want to connect to other project managers and practitioners to exchange and learn from each other
The workshop outline is based on the Strategy Pocket lab, a format that was developed by members of the Civil Society Toolbox core team as a collaboration between SOCIUS Organisationsberatung and MitOst.
Andreas Knoth, is a partner of SOCIUS Organisationsberatung, a Berlin based consulting collective supporting organization development processes. For 20 years, he has accompanied change and strategy processes of organizations and networks in the social, cultural, environmental and educational sectors and has previously worked for various organizations and foundations in an international context. His research and work focuses on impact orientation, transsectoral networks and self-organization development. His educational background is psychology and management. Andreas was part of the founding CivilSocietyToolbox Team and has a lead role in content editing and development.
Marischa Weiser, is the coordinator of horizontal school, a community builder and facilitator at MitOst, and partner of Commit gGmbH. She is passionate about building resilient organizations and communities, and enabling co-creation for social change in our societies. She has been working in the field of culture and citizenship education for more than 7 years. From 2017-2019 she has been the project coordinator of “Tools for Citizens” and contributed to the development of the CivilSocietyToolbox and its scaling in many contexts from the very beginning.