- This training has passed.
ONLINE FACILITATION – blended learning training
6 October 2021 @ 3:00 pm – 14 October 2021 @ 6:00 pm CEST
Dates: 6-14 October, including 4 live online sessions on 6, 8, 12, 14 October
Time: 3-6pm CET
In 2020 big shifts happened from a reality in which we used to plan ahead, to a faster changing and less predictable reality marked by uncertainties. Rather than stopping before challenges and obstacles, “the new normal” made us look more into the vast possibilities of working digitally. Most of us are still in the process of exploring, adapting or deepening our new practices.
Online facilitation has become one of the skills essential for overcoming the challenges of working digitally. It enables group processes of co-creation, learning and creativity in a digital space, by creating an enjoyable, inclusive and interactive setting.
This 10-day blended learning training, combining four live sessions with asynchronous group work and readings, is for all those of you who want to explore how to facilitate interactive workshops, or already have been facilitating online and are looking for inspiration, exchange, new tools and tricks. Through peer-to-peer learning you will connect and exchange with other facilitators and education practitioners on an international level.
Join us and bring your online facilitation skills to the next level!
This training covers:
- how to design interactive and inclusive online workshops
- what (not) to do while facilitating sessions online
- digital learning environments, life hacks, tools and methods to make your online facilitation more effective and enjoyable
- how to avoid online fatigue
- access to a community of education practitioners working in diverse settings
You will experience:
- a good balance between theory and practice delivered in four three-hour-long online sessions via Zoom
- self-directed learning with readings and group work in between the sessions
- interactive online sessions by experienced facilitators
- inputs as well as space for peer-to-peer exchange
- a learning community, with opportunities to exchange ideas and gain feedback from other participants
- a purpose-driven and process-oriented training design
This training is for you if:
- you are facilitating online sessions and need new ideas for involvement of participants
- you are planning to facilitate online in the future and are looking for guidance
- you need orientation to the technologies you can use in online facilitation
- you want to connect with other facilitators, project managers and educators to exchange and learn from each other
Tino Rasche studied physics in Germany and Russia but today he is more passionate about values and critical thinking and how to show that they are very connected to nature, as proven by science. As a facilitator, he is creating educational spaces for diversity-conscious value-based cooperation of individuals, teams, and organizations. He is passionate about finding creative solutions by combining various spheres of life (philosophy, natural and social sciences, economics, education, health, language, music, technology, theater…) with an active personal attitude.
Natalya Trambovetska is keen on asking questions and does it as a profession. She is a facilitator in non-formal civic education, and a trainer in organizational and personal development. She has been designing and conducting educational programs for more than 10 years, and supporting facilitators in their professional development as a supervisor. Natalya is the co-founder of the NGO “Insha Osvita” and the co-author of several manuals for facilitators. Over the last year Natalya has been actively working online, helping teams and organizations create an effective space for education and interaction.
Registration will be open until the last place is filled. The group will be small to ensure a good quality of learning.
In case the minimum number of 10 participants is not reached, horizontal school reserves the right to cancel the training. In such case the participation fees will be fully reimbursed. For more details, please check our Terms and Conditions.
Our trainings include interactive live sessions on Zoom. Participants are invited to contribute with their own experience, learn from other peers, and transfer learnings into practice. The trainings are designed in a process-orientated way ensuring to fit the needs of the target group, which makes each training unique. Therefore, please keep in mind that your active participation will be needed in order to truly benefit from this training.