ADVANCED FACILITATION TRAINING
September 2 – September 10€720 – €780
Dates: 2-10 September, including 4 live session on 2, 4, 7, 9 September
Time: 3-6pm CET
Have you recently started your facilitation practice and need a more solid foundation both for your theoretical background and your individual toolbox of methods? Have you had a break in facilitation practice and are looking for a fresh, concentrated and inspiring re-start? Would you like to explore the facilitation of group processes on a deeper and advanced level? And are you in search of a learning community of like-minded fellows to empower you on the search for your unique facilitation path?
In this blended learning training, you will, based on your experience, reflect and explore the attitude and role of a facilitator, dive into facilitation as a framework of concepts and work on specific group dynamic cases, such as dealing with disruptions. Through peer-to-peer learning you will connect and exchange with other facilitators and education practitioners on an international level.
Join this training to give your facilitation practice a more solid basis and bring it to the next level!
This training covers:
Facilitation – the practice:
- advanced exploration of the role and attitude of a facilitator
- theoretical foundations of facilitation, adult learning and humanistic / constructivist pedagogy
- deeper look into psychological and methodological aspects of group learning design
- concrete tools for planning and structuring educational events
- working on group dynamic phenomena based on cases
Learning and Democracy – the thematic focus:
- how to design inclusive and horizontal learning spaces and participatory decision-making techniques
- how to facilitate processes that lead to empowerment by self-initiative
Target Groups and professional proposals – the client:
- design of facilitation sessions and educational events with methods that address different needs and resources of participants
Hosting and sustainability – the frame:
- diving deeper into the practice of hosting yourself (well-being) and others as a facilitator
You will experience:
- a good balance between theory and practice delivered in 4 three-hour-long online sessions via Zoom
- self-directed learning with readings and group work in between sessions
- interactive online sessions implemented by experienced facilitators
- space for practicing methods and approaches
- a learning community, with opportunities to exchange ideas and gain feedback from other participants
- a purpose-driven and process-oriented training design
This trainings fits you if:
- you already participated in a facilitation training or training of trainers and are familiar with theoretical foundations of pedagogy and adult learning
- you have at least one year of facilitation practice or 15 days of facilitation over the last 2 years
- you are familiar with or interested in horizontal and participatory formats
- you can dedicate around 15-20 hours in total for this learning journey during the 1 ½ week timeframe
- you look forward to connecting with peers in a learning community
In this advanced course we wish to gather a group of learners with a comparable theoretical and practical experience to provide all learners a suitable and enriching learning experience.
How to apply?
– Please prepare your facilitator profile in the form of a CV or link to a profile (e.g. Linkedin) showing your facilitation experience.
– Study this self-assessment tool and make your own conclusions.
– Fill in this survey and with that submit your application
Afterwards, we will assess your level of experience to ensure that the advanced learning path fits you. We will get back to you within 7 working days with a response. If you have any questions in the meantime, please approach Marischa.