- This training has passed.
DEALING WITH CONFLICTS IN TEAMS AND GROUPS – online workshop
15 March 2022 @ 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm CETFree
Date: 15 March, 3-6pm CET
When a conflict arises among individuals or in an organization it’s often not easy. It makes a big difference how conflicts are dealt with. Well managed conflicts can represent a chance for development and growth on a personal or an organizational level. At the same time mismanaged conflicts have the tendency to distract. This workshop helps you understand classic dynamics of a conflict and how to tackle them so that the process and the outcome is supportive for each involved individual.
In the workshop we will reflect on our own conflict history and put the conflicts we know in state-of-the-art theoretical frames. We will also touch on ways how to create a conflict sensitive environment and some ways on how to solve conflicts which might arise between individuals in a team or a group.
This workshop covers:
- understanding of conflicts’ essence and dynamics
- getting familiar with basic theories and models
- reflecting on one’s own conflict history
- some solutions and strategies for conflicts
You will experience:
- an interactive online session delivered by experienced facilitators
- a good balance between input and practice
- space for your questions and peer exchange
The workshop is for you if:
- you want to understand dynamics of conflicts on a micro, meso and macro level
- you want to get equipped with different models of how to tackle an underlying need in a conflict
- you wish to reflect on your personal approach to conflicts
- you want to know how to tackle needs and conflicts in a group or team
- you are looking for ideas about how to approach the topic of conflicts as a facilitator in a structured and methodological way
This workshop is part of the workshop series #StandWithUkraine with which we intend to raise awareness for pressing topics such as dealing with conflicts, working in uncertainty and media literacy. Instead of a participation fee, we ask you to contribute with a donation to MitOst’s Ukraine Solidarity Fund. All donations support MitOst partners and members in Ukraine and in neighbouring countries to secure people, provide protection, facilitate evacuations, and connect to temporary accommodation. You can find more information about MitOst and its Ukraine Solidarity fund here.
The workshop series #StandWithUkraine is implemented in collaboration with the BoschAlumniNetwork.
Please mind that places are limited. When you enroll for the workshop, make sure you can participate. Registration will be open until all places are taken.
Matthias Haberl enjoys working with complex and relevant topics such as conflict management, power, project management and moderation techniques and the challenges to set up a proper training regarding those issues. He has extensive experience in the field of facilitation and education. He is the co-author of a publication regarding online facilitation for the German Publishing House Waxmann Verlag, the co-creator of the Educational Programme “ENJOY” and the co-author of the Online Plattform “Competendo”, dealing with competency-based learning.
Make your donation here
Instead of a participation fee, we ask you to contribute with a donation to MitOst’s Ukraine Solidarity Fund. You will be led to a donation form on the MitOst website by clicking on this button.