- This training has passed.
UNCERTAINTY LOVES YOU – online workshop on Partnering with Uncertainty
22 March 2022 @ 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm CETFree
Date: 22 March, 3-6pm CET
Do you find yourself working in messy situations that are constantly changing? Situations where your standard solutions don’t work anymore? Situations where decision-making becomes difficult because there are no clear solutions and experts do not have answers? Where your biggest issue to strategic planning is your uncertainty about the future? Where the present situation can be understood from many and sometimes conflicting perspectives?
At this workshop, you will learn how to differentiate between ordered, complex and chaotic situations and get to know different approaches to respond to each one of them; you will get familiar with key principles and methods for working in complexity to generate actions for your context and explore how your own inner human complexity comes into play additionally. Join in to learn how to partner up with uncertainty. The workshop is facilitated by our dear guest Bhavesh S Patel.
This workshop covers:
- understanding the difference between ordered, complex, and chaotic situations and the different approaches needed for each one using the Cynefin Framework
- key principles and methods for working in complexity to generate actions for your context
- the role of our own inner human complexity that adds another layer to the complexity already out there
- the workshop content draws on the work of Cognitive Edge and Human Systems Dynamics
You will experience:
- an interactive workshop that is designed in a way that will allow you to apply what you are learning to your own questions, challenges, opportunities
- an experienced facilitator, trainer, coach and host characterized by complexity thinking
The workshop is for you if:
- you are working in constantly changing and unpredictable environments, and need to make decisions and take action
This workshop is part of the workshop series #StandWithUkraine with which we intend to raise awareness for pressing topics such as dealing with conflicts, working in uncertainty, self-care and media literacy. Instead of a participation fee, we ask you to contribute with a donation to MitOst’s Ukraine Solidarity Fund. All donations support MitOst partners and members in Ukraine and in neighbouring countries to secure people, provide protection, facilitate evacuations, and connect to temporary accommodation. You can find more information about MitOst and its Ukraine Solidarity fund here.
The workshop series #StandWithUkraine is implemented in collaboration with the BoschAlumniNetwork.
Please mind that places are limited. When you enroll for the workshop, make sure you can participate. Registration will be open until all places are taken.
Bhavesh S. Patel spends most of his time supporting individuals and groups having conversations about their messy realities as they look for direction and make decisions. Usually these are networked groups, often global, often with unevenly distributed power and resources. All of them in some ways are trying to make a difference in people’s lives, their own lives, and our planet. He uses an eclectic range of sources and has been deeply influenced by complexity thinking, coaching, and spirituality. You might call him a facilitator, trainer, coach, host, or even a conversational gardener. And as he says “If I am honest, I find it difficult to define my work and give myself a specific title or badge, and I quite like that!”
How to enroll?
Instead of a participation fee, we ask you to contribute with a donation to MitOst’s Ukraine Solidarity Fund. Your contribution to MitOst’s Ukraine Solidarity Fund is a precondition to participate at the workshop.
Please first make your donation by clicking on this button. Then simply sign-up for the workshop by selecting a free ticket under participation fees below.