DEALING WITH INTRAGROUP DYNAMICS AND GROUP EFFECTS – online workshop
April 4 @ 3:00 pm – April 6 @ 6:00 pm CEST190,00€ – 250,00€
Dates: 4 & 6 April 2023
Time: 3-6pm CEST
Are you a facilitator who enjoys bringing people together? And you feel like each new group and its dynamic gives you a new riddle about how interactions among participants work and develop? Facilitation is all about people interacting with each other, and it can be quite a challenge to understand the intragroup dynamics as there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
Knowing how to deal with group dynamics we, as facilitators and as groups, can achieve better results and higher performance in education, learning, decision-making and organizational development.
This thematic workshop will help you understand better how the group functions and evolves. You will explore how to analyze intragroup dynamics and specific group effects and get equipped with main theories and models behind it and learn how to analyze intragroup dynamics and specific group effects. Moreover, you get the chance to bring in your own cases and questions, and to receive collegial advice from our facilitators as well as your peers on it.
This workshop consists of two three-hour-long sessions. Every session will provide a mix of knowledge impulses, practical exercises, group exchange and reflection.
This workshop covers:
- the main theories and models of group dynamics
- how to analyze group dynamics and design the events in a more efficient and holistic way considering the group performance
- how to adjust the methods to the respective group needs
- understanding of intragroup dynamics, stages of group development, what determines the behavior of the group and of individuals in the group, and how it could be applied in education
- how to recognize specific group effects and react to them in a given situation adequately.
You will experience:
- a good balance between theory and practice delivered in four three-hour-long online sessions weekly via Zoom
- self-directed learning with readings and group work in between the sessions
- interactive online sessions implemented by experienced facilitators
- a learning community, with opportunities to exchange ideas and gain feedback from other participants a purpose-driven and process-oriented training design.
This workshop is for you if:
- you are facilitating educational sessions and need new ideas for involvement of participants
- you are eager to systematize and get some theoretical background to what you have been observing and experiencing in your work with groups.
- you have some experience with group dynamics as a facilitator or as a participant, and even if you do not have a very modest experience, after the workshop you will become more confident in understanding and managing group processes
- you want to connect with other facilitators, project managers and educators to exchange and learn from each other.
This workshop is part of the Facilitator Qualification Course – a 1-year long learning journey that gets you fully equipped as a facilitator knowing how to create democratic learning spaces, to design and facilitate group processes of participation, co-creation and learning. If you would like to get more information or book the whole course, please click here.
Natalya Trambovetska is keen on asking questions and does it as a profession. She is a facilitator in non-formal civic education, and a trainer in organizational and personal development. She has been designing and conducting educational programs for more than 10 years, and supporting facilitators in their professional development as a supervisor. Natalya is the co-founder of the NGO “Insha Osvita” and the co-author of several manuals for facilitators. Over the last year Natalya has been actively working online, helping teams and organizations create an effective space for education and interaction.
Max Pijevskii is a trainer and facilitator in non-formal education, working with civil society organizations, individuals and groups in the Republic of Moldova and in Eastern Europe for more than 10 years. His passion is visual facilitation as well as contributing to raising sustainable and efficient teams, fruitful coexistence of people and discovering diversity between individuals and inside each of them.