- This training has passed.
FACILITATION TRAINING – blended
October 31 @ 3:00 pm – November 16 @ 5:30 pm CET750,00€ – 900,00€
Dates: 31 October – 16 November, including 6 live sessions on 31 October, 2, 7, 9, 14 & 16 November from 3-5.30 pm CET, and an additional community event
Do you enjoy bringing people together and supporting their learning or co-creation? Do you want to facilitate processes of participation for positive social change in your team, community or ecosystem? Are you interested in facilitating good learning processes for a group?
In this blended learning training of trainers combining 6 online live sessions with asynchronous group work and readings in between, you will reflect about the role of a facilitator and get familiar with the theoretical foundations and principles of facilitation, adult learning and group dynamics. You will learn how to design and facilitate sessions and educational events in a participatory, holistic and inclusive way, taking into account different learning styles and individuals’ background. You will get equipped with appropriate tools and methods that address different needs and resources of your participants.
Whether you have already been practicing facilitation and would like to deepen your knowledge and network on an international level, or you have some basic experience in moderating a group, be it in non-formal or formal education, this training of trainers will equip you with a profound theoretical and practical foundation in facilitation. We will create a safe and enjoyable space to enable self-discovery and self-efficacy. Through peer-to-peer exchange you will connect and learn with and from other facilitators and education practitioners on an international level. You will conclude this training being able to steer your personal learning journey and continue your professional development as a facilitator.
This training covers:
Facilitation – the practice:
- principles of adult learning, theoretical foundations of facilitation
- design of group learning processes including theoretical approaches, attitudes and methods
- introduction to group dynamics and how to adjust methods to the respective atmosphere in a group or react to changes adequately
- how to work in a facilitators’ team in a constructive way and develop a feedback culture
- concrete tools for planning and structuring educational events
Learning and Democracy – the thematic focus:
- introduction to holistic facilitation: how to address the whole personality and how to support system thinking
- how to include different learning styles and individuals’ backgrounds into facilitation processes
- organization of educational events in a participatory way
- creating awareness of power relations and learning how to share power
- mitigating barriers for participation to be inclusive
- facilitation of processes that lead to empowerment
- enabling every group member to unlock their potential
- how to help participants discover their resources and actively contribute to common objectives
Target Groups and Professional Proposals – the client:
- design and adaptation of educational events for different target groups
Self-directed learning – the path:
- exploration of the role and attitude of a facilitator
- diverse examples and good practices for professional development as a facilitator
- a first step to build your own capacities and professional strategy
- reflecting on and setting your personal goal and fields of development as a facilitator and creating a plan on your further
- professional development
You will experience:
- a good balance between theory and practice delivered over 3 weeks combining 6 online live sessions and self-directed
- learning through readings and small group/individual work in between each session (2-3 hours)
- interactive and enjoyable online sessions implemented by experienced facilitators
- a community event to get to know each other better and have fun beyond the learning process
- a purpose-driven and process-oriented training design
- moderated bi-monthly peer talks & peer practice after the training
- the chance to network on an international level and be a part of a vibrant learning community
This training is for you if:
- you already bring in some basic experience in moderating groups but you are new to facilitation
- you have practical experience but you never took part in a training of trainers
- you did not work as a facilitator yet but have some relevant experience of working with groups and seek to ground your practice with theoretical knowledge
- you are a teacher or a trainer in formal education and would like to get to know non-formal methods and relevant approaches
- you wish to learn and practice facilitation on an international level
- you wish to become part of a peer learning community
- you can dedicate around 10 hours per week to an intensive learning experience (two sessions à 2,5h per week online, and 2-3 hours of individual/group work in between the sessions)
How to choose between blended and in-person training?
The Facilitation training in person and blended cover the same learning goals and similar content. Nevertheless the different ways of delivery create a different focus of the trainings. We recommend you to choose this blended training option if you can integrate it best into your daily life and prefer to focus on your individual learning. If you want to build new relationships with peers and network, as well as practice facilitation in a physical space, then we recommend you to rather join the in-person training.
Whereas the blended learning training covers a period of learning during three weeks and is integrated in your daily life, the in-person training is a very intense learning journey for 3,5 days in Berlin. Simply choose what resonates more with you.
By enrolling in this training, you will get access to the peer learning group and the moderated bi-monthly peer talks & peer practice which happen every last Thursday of a month at 5pm CET, starting in November.
Does this seem like a big decision and you are not sure if this training is what you need?
Book a call with us here and we will be happy to answer your questions and help you evaluate and choose the most suitable option.
The group will be consisting of 15-25 participants to ensure a good quality of learning. In case the minimum number of 15 participants is not reached, horizontal school reserves the right to cancel the course. In such case the participation fees will be fully reimbursed. For more details, please check our Terms and Conditions.