DESIGN & FACILITATION OF ONLINE EVENTS – online workshop
20 February 2024 @ 3:00 pm – 22 February 2024 @ 6:00 pm CET190,00€ – 250,00€
Dates: 20 & 22 February 2024
Time: 3-6pm CET
Online facilitation has become one of the skills essential for overcoming the challenges of working digitally. It enables group processes for co-creation, learning and creativity in a digital space, by creating enjoyable, inclusive and interactive settings. However, online facilitation demands specific competences and methods, which differ from those needed for facilitating in-person.
The workshop will help you improve those skills and get a better insight into designing online sessions. You will learn what makes online work different. You will discover and practice how to design and facilitate interactive and inclusive online events. You will get equipped with digital tools and methods that will help you make your events fruitful and enjoyable.
The workshop consists of two three-hour-long online sessions, both of which will provide a mix of knowledge impulses, practical exercises, group exchange and reflection. It is for all those of you who want to get an idea about how to facilitate interactive workshops, or already have been facilitating online and are looking for inspiration, exchange, new tools and tricks. You will connect with other facilitators and education practitioners.
The workshop covers:
- input on specifics of online learning and online group dynamics and how it influences training design and facilitation
- good practices and hands on experience on designing and facilitating online events that are interactive and inclusive
- support in exploring and choosing useful online tools and applications that can be be easily used at your work
- learning-by-doing experience in applying different methods created for online events and adjusted to online events
- honest assessment and experience of exchange on what is possible online and works even better than offline, as well as on boundaries of online
You will experience:
- a good balance between theory and practice delivered in two three-hour-long online sessions on Zoom
- self-directed learning with readings and group work in between the sessions
- interactive online sessions implemented by experienced facilitators
- a learning community, with opportunities to exchange ideas and gain feedback from other participants
- a purpose-driven and process-oriented training design
This workshop is for you if:
- you are facilitating online sessions and need new ideas for involvement of participants
- you are planning to facilitate online in the future and are looking for guidance
- you need orientation to the technologies you can use in online facilitation
- you want to connect with other facilitators, project managers and educators to exchange and learn from each other
This workshop is part of the Facilitator Qualification Course – a 1-year long learning journey that gets you fully equipped as a facilitator knowing how to create democratic learning spaces, to design and facilitate group processes of participation, co-creation and learning. If you would like to get more information or book the whole course, please click here.
Tino Rasche studied physics in Germany and Russia but today he is more passionate about values and critical thinking and how to show that they are very connected to nature, as proven by science. As a facilitator, he is creating educational spaces for diversity-conscious value-based cooperation of individuals, teams, and organizations. He is passionate about finding creative solutions by combining various spheres of life (philosophy, natural and social sciences, economics, education, health, language, music, technology, theater…) with an active personal attitude.
Marta Gawinek – Dagargulia is a born cosmopolitan and lover of diversity, an educator and facilitator for 15 years now with very thorough experience in online facilitation. Her professional passions are lifelong learning, civic education and the development of key competencies for the working environments of tomorrow. She is an experienced project manager and team lead who has created spaces for empowering individuals and communities in Georgia, Central Europe and Germany.