- This training has passed.
WORKING IN INTERCULTURAL TEAMS – online training
19 June 2023 @ 3:00 pm – 20 June 2023 @ 6:00 pm CEST
Dates: 19 & 20 June, 2023
Time: 3-6pm CEST
Diversity can be both a big value to your team and a great challenge.
In everyday life, where we more and more often live or work with people from different countries and backgrounds, it is an important competence to notice and acknowledge the diversity of cultures and facilitate the work of such a team so that it is fruitful and gives joy.
Research shows that diverse teams perform better than homogeneous when diversity is seen and taken care of.
How to see and acknowledge these different aspects of diversity? What can be specifically done to take care of diversity in a group of people?
In this training we will reflect on different aspects of culture and diversity. We will raise awareness and look for ideas on how to manage diversity when working with groups.
This training covers:
- basic models and theories of intercultural communication
- raising self-reflection and self-awareness of diversity
- ideas for working with diverse teams and methods of facilitation
- elements of intercultural competence
You will experience:
- an interactive online session delivered by experienced facilitators
- a good balance between input and practice
- space for your questions and peer exchange
This training is for you if:
- you want to foster your intercultural competence
- you work in diverse teams and want to be more aware of different aspects of intercultural communication
- you facilitate group learning processes and look for methods that help diverse teams work together
This training has been developed by the program “Intercultural Teacher Training in China” implemented by commit gGmbH and Adream Foundation Shanghai. The training is funded by the Mercator Foundation.
Tino Rasche studied physics in Germany and Russia but today he is more passionate about values and critical thinking and how to show that they are very connected to nature, as proven by science. As a facilitator, he is creating educational spaces for diversity-conscious value-based cooperation of individuals, teams, and organizations. He is passionate about finding creative solutions by combining various spheres of life (philosophy, natural and social sciences, economics, education, health, language, music, technology, theater…) with an active personal attitude.
Marta Gawinek – Dagargulia is a born cosmopolitan and lover of diversity, an educator and facilitator for 15 years now with very thorough experience in online facilitation. Her professional passions are lifelong learning, civic education and the development of key competencies for the working environments of tomorrow. She is an experienced project manager and team lead who has created spaces for empowering individuals and communities in Georgia, Central Europe and Germany.